Monthly engineering trade magazine/website needs full-time experienced editor/writer to edit technical copy and produce original articles and other content based on source material, interviews, and research. Small, casual, dog-friendly office.
- Write and edit technically oriented copy related to material handling processes and equipment in a variety of industries.
- Edit/proof feature, column, and department copy generated by other editors.
- Work with production and other departments to ensure content, image, and style consistency and accuracy across print and digital platforms.
- Produce/proof additional content as needed for other departments.
- Cultivate/maintain sources for articles, industry news, and event listings.
- Moderate webinars.
- Four-year degree in journalism, English, communications, or related field.
- Prior experience producing print, digital, or website articles/content.
- Strong writing, interviewing, copyediting, and proofreading skills.
- Must be comfortable interviewing engineers and others about manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Unwavering devotion to detail, accuracy, and deadlines.
- Fast, independent, and resourceful learner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.